Time for another random DIY round up. As some of you may know, I'm not much of a DIY-er. But the subject fascinates me so I keep collecting projects I think are cool. Instead of letting them sit in a folder, I like to share them here, in hope of inspiring others, maybe.
I've been thinking about the DIY phenomenon. I mean, it's nothing new, but it's so prominent. Do you consider DIY a design category in itself? If you copy a design, but actualize it with your own stuff and your own hands and maybe tweak it a little, does that make you clever or a thief? Hmmm...
Here are some of my fun finds:
1. Make this Chandelier. Found on Lindsey Adelman's website, where you can also download full how-to instructions.
2. Hang a clock from a belt. This specific example, found at PoppyTalk, uses an Ikea clock and an H&M belt, but I don't think your limited to these items. Any nice clock and belt should do...
3. Put together an industrial style coat rack from copper pipe. Idea found at Weekend Carnival, instructions there are not too detailed but for those who are determined, it shouldn't be a problem.
4. Make a headboard out of salvaged wood. Found at Design Sponge, detailed instructions available.
5. Give your glass vases a burst of colour. Found at Sugar and Charm, instructions available there too.
6. Turn an old cheese box into a night stand. Found at Design Sponge, go there for instructions.
See you next time,